Drought and heat during flowering, followed by mildew late in the season represent the major production challenges for peas.
- Bolero (EFG) – vigorous, with consistent yields
- Dalvay (VE) – exellent yields
- Maestro (WCS) – early, with good yields of long pods. Good quality
- Penelope (J) – excellent stand yellow but only average flavor
- Oregon Sugar Pod (T+M) – a superior combination of vigor, yields and pod quality
- Sugar Ann (EFG, WDM) – early maturing with exceptional flavor but only average yields, appears mildew resistant
Visit the 2012 Vegetable Cultivar and Cultural Trials for the most current snow pea trials.