Ornamental corn is later maturing than most sweet corn cultivars typically grown in Saskatchewan, but several cultivars can be grown successfully. Cobs are allowed to mature on the plant rather than being harvested when sweet corn would normally be considered ripe.
- Calico Popcorn (TS)
- Early Pink Popcorn (OS, TS)
- Earth Tone Dent (ST, J) – excellent yields of large, bright multicolored cobs
- Fiesta (OS, ST, WG) – brilliantly coloured cobs with excellent tip fill
- Painted Mountain (J, OS, ST, TS)
- Seneca India (HS)
- Strawberry Popcorn (OS, ST)
- Wampum (HMO) – consistent yields of multicolored cobs
Visit the 2007 Vegetable Cultivar and Cultural Trials for the most current ornamental corn trials.