Celery does quite well in Saskatchewan if grown from transplants. Aster yellows is the most serious pest problem of any significance for this crop.
- Green Bay (RISP)
- Kelvin (SNV) – Good yields. Minimal trimming red’d. Little black heart
- Picador (ST) – Long stalks. Heavy trimming red’d. Minimal black heart
- Starlet (OT)
- Tango (J, BJ, SW, WCS) – Excellent yields with long stalks, stronger flavour
- Utah 52-70 (WCS, ST) – Good yields, good flavor – slightly sweet, uniform length stalks
- Victoria (T+M, WCS) – Good yields. Light green stalks have a mild flavour