Broccoli does well in Saskatchewan as either a direct seeded or transplanted crop. Looper and root maggot control is required in most years.
- Bravado (ORS) – average yield, irregular shaped heads
- Coronado Crown (OT, WCS) – early, good yields, attractive heads
- Diplomat (SAK, SIE) – good stand and vigor, long stem
- Emerald Crown (SIE, ST, SW, OS) – high yields, nice looking heads
- Everest (SIE, SW, WCS) – early, high yields, good color
- Goliath (EFG, ST) – good yields, large heads
- Greenbelt (SIE, WCS) – good yields, attractive uniform heads
- Green Gold (SAK, SW) – superior stand and yield, large dark green heads
- Green Magic (SIE, SW, J, OT) – good yields, small attractive heads
- Ironman (ST) – late, exceptional yields
- Marathon (J, OT) – late, large heads
- Patriot (OT) – consistent performer with excellent yields of large, high quality heads
- Patron (VE, SAK) – good yields, high inter-leafing
Visit the 2011 Vegetable Cultivar and Cultural Trials for the most current broccoli trials.